Building Land & Property Development In Gambia
Property Developers in Gambia come in all sizes from the small investor who has bought a plot of land upon which he intends to build a house or a few apartments to major corporations constructing luxury hotels, housing estates or infrastructure projects. Whatever your size and whatever your requirements we can help.
Working with established property related companies of all shapes and sizes in The Gambia, our property develpment team provides advice on a wide range of commercial and residential development issues – from design to finance, disputes and arbitration to planning issues, utilities, infrastructure and marketing.
Investment Land & Development Property
Solie Law deal with all the necessary stamping of the purchase deed, capital gains, registration of your title, seeking consent of the Secretary of State for Lands in the case of leasehold properties, dealing with the issue of a new Share Certificate where a Management Company is involved and generally ensuring that all the necessary procedures have been complied with on your behalf.
If after the property transactions have been completed you need to take advice with regard to your obligations under any covenants which may affect the property, the buildings insurance, boundary rights and so on, we are available to assist you.
If you are concerned about the costs of Gambian lawyers or worried about the expense of legal services in The Gambia, please come in and see us for a free no obligation preliminary discussion. If you would like advice in connection with any property development matter or problem in The Gambia, please call us and we will be happy to help.
Residential & Commercial Property Developments
Our growing number of property developer clients in The Gambia each receive a bespoke service designed around their particular investment requirements but common tasks with which they ask for assistance are:
- Preliminary Advice about which area of The Gambia or industrial sector might offer them the best opportunities for their propertry development.
- Advice about the most appropriate legal structure for the property development and the property development company
- Setting up any necessary companies to develop and maintain the property development when completed.
- Setting up any appropriate marketing or other related companies to see the project through
How To Find The Best Building Land To Buy
Preliminary Advice about whether land that they have located themselves is a viable proposition for development. Is it likely to be given a building licence? Is the price being asked acceptable? Are the claims being made about other activity in the area true?
- The Purchase of the Land and transfer of legal title into the name of the developer
- Applying for zoning approval, planning permission and building licences for the development
- Dividing the plot into saleable sub-plots
- Helping with the selection of sales agents, builders, architects, interior designers and other professionals
- Drafting the contracts between the developer and any estate agents or other professionals retained by them
- Drafting the building contract
- Drafting the contracts and other associated documentation in relation to the sale of individual properties
- Dealing the individual sale to individual buyers
- Providing escrow facilities or trust facilities to protect the payments made by the buyers
- Arranging for the final transfer of title into the name of the individual buyers
- Handholding and consultancy throughout the process