Buying A Property Or Plot Of Land in Gambia
Preperation is the most important thing if you are thinking about buying a plot of land as an investment or a property for personal use in The Gambia. We strongly advise our property buyers to research the market before looking at any potential locations.
Our property lawyers can advise on the best way of implementing your property plans, the best form of legal ownership for the property, minimising tax problems, minimising inheritance problems and any other topics of concern to you.
This will save you a lot of wasted time AND money. We STRONGLY recommend that you make contact with us BEFORE you go to look at any property. That way we can deal with all of the key issues calmly and clearly, before you get involved in the rush and pressure always associated with buying a specific property anywhere in the world.
Buying a Property in Gambia: Preliminary Meeting
We can then have a brief discussion over the telephone and, if necessary, make an appointment so that we can meet to look at the matter in more detail.
We are used to acting for Clients from all over the world and, generally, find that it is not necessary to meet in order to deal with the purchase of a property in The Gambia. Of course, we are delighted to meet to discuss matters personally if this is convenient for you.
Buying A Property in Gambia: Preparation Check List
- Why are you buying the property?
- Is this for retirement or a holiday home that you want to pay its way or a pure investment.
- Which area will suit you best?
- If this is an investment, where are you likely to make the most money?
- Which type of property is best for you? House, apartment, land? This is not always obvious.
- How are you going to pay for the property?
- Are you going to take out a mortgage? If so, where and for how much?
- What are you doing to guard against the risk of fluctuating exchange rates?
- How are you going to manage the property?
- If you want to let the property, who are your target tenants?
- Who will manage the lettings? How much money will you make?
- Who should be the legal owner of the property? The right choice here can save you thousands even on an ordinary holiday home. See below for more information
Buy Property in Gambia: Contract Checking Service
Reviewing any preliminary contract of sale (contract preliminarily/compromise/promesse de vente), offer to buy or reservation contract presented to you and reporting our general observations in writing.